Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: "Mike" <induction@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Bill,
Back after being not active in a while, had to mark hundreds of messages as read to catch up tonight.
I saw this as it came in and thought you would like to know that Golka did use a cold cathode x-ray tube as a rectifier.
It was not, as I understand it, in the way you describe it could have been used but simply as a rectifier.
He had been told by a Ph.D it would ionize the path between two points ~18 -20 feet with the X-rays and wire would not even be needed to the antenna.
Of course that never worked. Anyway, thought I would let you know this.
Wonderful weather, all that rain and now cellar is flooded, time to get the bleach out as anti-mold.
No high voltage stuff losses though.
Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2005 5:50 PM Subject: Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>     "There is a method of conveying great power to ships at sea which
> would be able to propel them across oceans at high speed. . . .
>
>     "The principle is this.  A ray of great ionizing power is used to
> give to the atmosphere great powers of conduction.  A high tension
> current of 10,000,000 to 12,000,000 volts is then passed along the
> ray to the upper strata of the air, which strata can be broken down
> very readily and will conduct electricity very well.
>
>     "A ship would have to have equipment for producing a similar
> ionizing ray.  The current which has passed through the stratosphere
> will strike this ray, travel down it and pass into the engines which
> propel the ship."

These "rays" are shown in various drawings and paintings in Tesla's
literature (in the Secret of Nikola Tesla movie, for example, and in the
recent PBS coffee-table book.)  People mistake them for searchlight beams,
and nobody ever seems to mention that these "searchlight beams" were a key
part of his power broadcasting ideas.

The only known "ray of great ionizing power" is x-rays, and we know that
Tesla was working with extremely high power x-ray tubes from the very
beginning (apparently even several years before Roentgen's announcement.)
Books show Tesla's x-ray photos of human bones, with the photo claimed to
have been taken forty feet away from the x-ray source.

As far as I know, an x-ray tube at the top of a 10 megavolt tesla coil is
something that nobody has ever experimented with.

What if Tesla's power system CANNOT WORK without these x-ray tubes on both
the transmitter and receiver?  If so, then no hobbyist, not even Golka,
has come close to replicating Tesla's original work... and it's no
surprise that everyone has failed.

(((((((((((((((((( ( ( ( ( (O) ) ) ) ) ))))))))))))))))))) William J. Beaty SCIENCE HOBBYIST website billb at amasci com http://amasci.com EE/programmer/sci-exhibits amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci