beaded flat plate disc

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr@xxxxxxx>

Hey All...

I bought one of those 14" wide "discs" ( basically 2 plates of glass with "beads" in it with a hi volt discharge in the center) to produce a "flat" tesla coil streamer effect.

I got it from WalMart for 20$ kinda kewl center region is green/yellow ( Im color blind so I really cant tell what color it is )
with a red ( I was told its red) mid section and the typical blue that argon produces ( that color I can see) ) on the outer rim ( obviously tinted glass or something of that nature)... think of a target for archery but wrong colors in sequence......

my question is what kind of gas is used and what is the typical voltage involved in this setup? I am going to assume argon is the main constituant of the gas mix...

just interested in its make-up...
Scot D