Re: Fund raising and server status

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunikllr@xxxxxxx>

alphabetically is fine by me

Scot D

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: Chip Atkinson <chip@xxxxxxxxxx>

Greetings all,

First, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed or plans to contribute
to the new server.  With your help, we are currently at $2051.77!!!

Naturally, the cost of the new server will be "slightly" higher than the
amount raised, which isn't any problem really.  My current estimate is
that it'll be about $1000 more than this, but the machine is a real gem.

The server is going to be an HP/Compaq DL385, and not a base model either.
Tom Coyle of the list has been instrumental in getting this server put
together and in selling it to me.

It's a rack mount 2U machine, and should fit nicely in my rack.  I will be
consolidating two machines into one and performing regular backups of the
data as well.  I'll post pictures when it's installed.

Currently it's at Cerritos, CA according to UPS tracking data.  It should
arrive at my work on Monday.

I'll provide the specifics and pictures for the machine as soon after it
arrives as possible.

On a similar subject, I'm thinking of putting everyone's name who
contributed to this project on the web site.  Just names, no emails
(anti-spam you know).  The questions are:
1) How to organize it?
   a) alphabetically
   b) ordered by amount donated

2) Is there anyone who does NOT want their name posted?

Thanks again everyone for all your help!

Chip