Re: SIBNIIE

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

JEEZ!...I have enough anxiety trying to get my puny little t.c. to work. Mustard gas...phosgene...leaking oil...exploding thick steel cans (well, OK, not that)...no thanks!! I'm glad of the comfortable distance between Oakland, CA and St. Petersburg! Although...I'd love to visit that city again but likely won't.

Ken Herrick

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <mailto:dest@xxxxxxxxxxx><dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

&

>      I don't think I'd want to be INSIDE a self-destructing capacitor
> bank, regardless of size, voltage, or energy - never mind topping it
> off with poison gas!

are you guys crazy? give me at least one reason so, that ALL the bank
would explode :-D
the caps explode, yes, but they explode one at a time. they just have a
life time, but people are keeping using them even after this time ends.
at first the case is blowing a bit, then cap failes - or the electrode
is pulled away, or the weld on the case is opened. the whole case is made
from rather thick steel, so nothing explodes violently, just the hole
takes place and the oil is leaking. there`re 896 caps there -  so it`s
not easy to find the broken one.

> Original poster: <mailto:FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx>FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx

>     A mere gas mask would do you little good against mustard -
> especially in the quantities and circumstances involved.

why d`you think the gas is produced in a giant amounts? the volume of
the oil is not so big _in one cap_, plus - it`s not all transformed
into the gas :-D