RE: half filter?? and what all I need before primary circuit

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

That's sort of like asking if you could run the marathon faster if you
had a heart transplant.  Depotting an NST is a substantial, unpleasant,
and messy project, and success is not guaranteed.  The secondary
windings are very fragile and easy to damage, and I'd not recommend
attempting it unless the NST was otherwise a lost cause and
irreplaceable.  Mine was a 15/60 - useless in its present state and
fairly precious.  Had it been a 15/30 I probably would have just tossed
it and found another.

I would guess that an oil-insulated NST would be more robust than an
old, used, asphalt-insulated unit, particularly since the asphalt tends
to crack with age, but I have no data to back that up.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/protection.htm.