RE: half filter?? and what all I need before primary circuit

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <ggreen@xxxxxxxx>

Hello Gary

Do you think that depotting a NST and placing the transformer under
clean transformer oil will significantly increase the chances of its
survival. It would be harder for an arc to make it through oil than tar.
But I feel it would be difficult for oil to penetrate the HV coils, thus
leaving them susceptible to internal arcing. Maybe the oil could get
into the other layers of the HV coils. I can't remember if anyone made a
posting about a depotted NST failing.

Godfrey Loudner

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

I have written a very detailed web page about the how's and why's of protection networks - see http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/protection.htm.