Is perspex suitable material for former of secondary of a Tesla coil?

Original poster: "andy" <andy.farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,
This is my first post.
I thought I better check as most designs I have seen used PVC.
I have a 22" by 3.5" perspex tube whose walls are quite thick.
Is this suitable.
I am currently making preperations for winding jig for this tube.
As I have it available I was contemplating using 0.6mm wire as I have this handy
but it is Grade 2.
My main question as this is of importance now is the Perspex tube I have suitable?
(Despite looking I have not found a definative article as to what materials are useable apart from Air and PVC seem to get mentioned a lot)
Also is Grade 2 ECW Suitable?
Cheers
Andy