I think the powder for ferrites is really nasty with all kinds of heavy metals and such. You definitely don't want to breath that at all!!!

Cheers,

        Terry

At 09:28 PM 10/11/2005, you wrote:

Maybe you can try asking them for a sample quantity of the powder, to see if you want to buy a truckload later on...

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Mike Marcum Ferrite Cores
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:30:30 -0600

Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, if you buy 'em you probably won't want to grind em up lol. They're good for up to 1 MHz, tho their max sweet spot is 500 kHz. So they'll probably work for what you have in mind. The down side is that they have a $600 minimum order and 10-week lead time at the time I ordered them late last year. They're more of a manufacturer than a distributer/vendor (couldn't find one..............