Re: Terry filter construction

Original poster: Timjroche@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 10/11/2005 10:46:15 AM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: "Dirk Stubbs" <dirk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am now building my Terry filter but I have a couple questions. How
much distance must be between separate the parts of different
Potential? For example, how much distance is required to prevent it
Arcing over the circuit?

I have kept two things in mind while building these components.

1.      Electricity follows path of least resistance.

Electricity follows path of least impedance not resistance.!!!

2.      Any distance smaller than safety gap will arc there
first.   Approximately, how wide should the safety gap be set?

I have posted an image of my Terry filter template. I drew it up in AutoCad, then printed it up. This makes drilling the holes a lot easier and nicer. Do you see any errors in my template design?

<http://www.dirkstubbs.net/terry_filter_template.jpg>http://www.dirkstubbs.net/terry_filter_template.jpg

Thanks