OL-DRSSTC 8 - Triggers and RUNs at 60 BPS now!!!

Hi All,

The OL-DRSSTC (I am open to suggestions for a better name :o))) "runs" now!

I finally found the problem with the trigger circuit. The trigger was turning on the IGBTs for 5uS just like it was supposed to. However, the primary capacitor was charging up to the bus voltage every time it did that. So the H-bridge was pumping 200 volts across the primary cap, but the primary cap was already charged to 200V!! Thus, no current flow....

The solution was trivial. I just added two 47k 1/2w resistors between the H-bridge output and the buss to charge the thing fully negative on the dead cycle:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OL-DRSSTC-07.gif

So the bias resistors charge the primary cap to about -200V and then the IGBTs pulse on at +200V! NOW we have current :-))))

I did not have time tonight to get any pretty pictures or anything. I am not setup to run the coil at full power at this point either... But most of the technical details are fixed and I took away all the test equipment since it works now. So, all is going extremely well!!!

Cheers,

	Terry