From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: home grown plasma globe
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:29:41 -0600

We have a dual MOSFET circuit that drives our large flyback and globes up to 30 inch dia.

Dr. Resonance

> Original poster: "Mike" <mike.marcum@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> it's touched. How much voltage/current do i need to jump 22" and
> what's the output waveform and frequency usually?

I don't know if this helps, but a 24" globe with 100L flask at the Museum
of Science used a single 40VDC supply and power FET feeding the flyback.
I don't know what the waveform applied to the gate looked like.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci