Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter: Tesla DIDN'T use 10s of KHz

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Sat, 8 Oct 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Can you cite a primary source where Tesla says this?

I'll keep my eye out.  I remember being amazed at the value... but I don't
remember which book mentioned it.  If I recall, at once place he says that
the resonances vanish about 20KHz, but in another place gave a value of
10KHz.  From what I've heard of VLF research, these values are in the
ballpark.  If Tesla had a way to detect VLF Earth resonance, then he'd
almost certainly have measured the upper limit.

But if true, then it shows that Tesla was aiming to put out extreme high
voltage at much lower frequencies than the Colorado Springs coil.  Since
he worked with natural rectifiers and natural power switching tubes in the
form of single-electrode x-ray tubes, I strongly suspect that a MODULATED
tesla coil was the central component of his scheme.

All my speculations are based on the idea that the Colorado Springs notes
detail only a small fragment of what Tesla accomplished.

On the other hand, if we assume that the CS notes told everything, then it
makes sense to assume that Tesla was going up a dead end, that his CS
system never stimulated any earth resonance frequencies, and his whole
World System couldn't have worked.

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-789-0775    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci