Re: Ballasts and PFC for 15 kVA pig

Original poster: DRIEBEN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Adam,

Did you do the 100 amp run yourself or did you hire
an electrician to do it "by the book"? If you did it
yourself, what size wire did you run for 100 amp ser-
vice? I do have 200 amp service for the main service breaker
box and 125 amp service for my secondary service breaker box,
which feeds the 2 rooms upstairs and the garage (which is
where all my toys are) ;^))So, I basically have 95%+ of
the available 125 amps of the secondary 125 amp service
box at my desposal for "playing". Since both of the switch
service boxes are connected seperately to the meter, I in
effect have 325 amp service, for a 2500 sq. ft home ;^) And
the 50 kVA pad mount transformer that services my home is di-
rectly across the street from me, so there's no problems
with lack of available power here ;o) There is only 3 ft or
less of 6 AWG wiring from the 60 amp breaker in the 125
amp service box to the stove type receptacle that I plug
my Green Monster control panel into, since this plug is right
beneath the 125 amp service box. I could probably just yank
each 60 amp breaker (one from the 125 amp service box and the
other from the main power switch of the Green Monster control
panel) and replace them with 100 amp breakers and be alright
without upgrading to larger #4 or #2 wire since the
line length is short and the run times would also
be relatively quite short and intermittent. Might try
this, I'll just have to remember to reinstall the 60 amp
breaker in the service box if I ever move.

David Rieben