Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

">You omit the enormous capacitance of the "conducting plasma", which is
>connected to the transmitter.  It is measured in FARADS, not nano FARADS
>or pico FARADS.  The Tesla coil transmitter must supply the current and
>power to elevate that plasma to the operating voltage.  Published data
>says that capacitance is of the order of 0.25 FARAD.
>Ed

Can you cite this published data?"

	Yes.  It is in Stong's "The Amateur Scientist", neat book published by
Scientific American about 40 years ago.  However, as Bill points out,
the value is less than this.  If you are interested I'll send you an
Excel spread sheet which lets you work out the values for any inputs you
care to make.

Ed