Re: Cracked Maxwell cap

Hi,

Hot Glue might work if you can melt it into and blend it with the case plastic.

Cheers,

        Terry

At 05:18 PM 10/6/2005, you wrote:
its a semi effective fix , but it will at least seal the crack if it just a crack and not a chunk missing....

take acetone, or denatured alcohol and clean area well, heat up a butter knife or use a broad bladed soldering iron and melt the surrounding plastic and smear the hot plastic over the crack.... do not let the oil wick up into the crack while heating, it will not seal properly.... best to drain a bit of the oil from the cap if you can open one of the fiill/drain plugs if your model has them. I did this to one of my Mawells and it hasnt leaked yet...

Scot D

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "MIKE HARDY" <MHARDY@xxxxxxxxxx>

I dropped one of my Maxwell pulse caps on my concrete garage floor...OUCH! It cracked the case, and oil is leaking out. Does anyone know of an efective way to repair it?