Re: OL-DRSSTC About "5" now...

What dia and length of sec are you using? Wire gauge?

Also, how many pri turns are you using?

Dr. Resonance
Hi All,
I got my "care package" from DigiKey today :-)
I got the H-Bridge and CTs built up:
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OL-DRSSTC_H-Bridge_CTs.jpg
It is just like my other DRSSTC H-bridge but with 24V transorbs and no gate resistors. The "board" is real nice here too!! :-)) I don't have any extras so don't ask :o))
The newest "hopeful" schematic is here:
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OL-DRSSTC-05.gif
I dropped the SIDAC voltage to 140V since the 150 volt ones fired too high. I also added a 1M 1/2 resistor across the 1uF trigger circuit cap since it stays charged "forever" without it. The 1.5K resistor in the trigger circuit gets to about 80-90C. But I have the 2W version installed. Might want to go to 5W if you don't like to burn you pinkies ;-) The super duty resistors, I use "don't care"... >:D
Here is the present, but ever changing, parts list:
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/MasterPartsList-OL-DRSSTC.pdf
I did test out the trigger circuit and it works perfectly like the computer and Teccor's data sheets said it would :-)))) I just put that into a PDF since it might have many DRSSTC uses ;-)
http://hot-streamer.com/temp/OL-DRSSTC-Trigger.pdf
Cheers,
Terry