Re: Somewhat off topic. Neon gas tubes..

Original poster: William Beaty <billb@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 4 Oct 2005, Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Has the interesting statement that the
> output of an NST isn't dangerous UNLESS it makes you fall off a
> platform!

Well, I found that the small scars from the burns will go away after a few
months.

:)

> Believe it or not at your own risk; I don't want to find out > experimentally.

If the rising edge of the current should hit you at the exact right time
in the QRST heart waveform, it can stop your heart (trigger fibrillation.)
The "lethal window" is only open for a tiny percentage of the time, so
you'll have to zap your chest over and over before you succeed in killing
yourself.  Russian Roulette.  Over and over you can prove that it's
perfectly safe, then after three hundred major zaps, suddenly you get
lucky.

(((((((((((((((((( ( ( ( ( (O) ) ) ) ) ))))))))))))))))))) William J. Beaty SCIENCE HOBBYIST website billb at amasci com http://amasci.com EE/programmer/sci-exhibits amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair Seattle, WA 206-789-0775 unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci