Re: Panel Meter Question

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

Thanks. That's kinda what I expected. I mapped out the
input voltage directly to the meter without resistors,
to read 100, 110, 120, etc. up to 300. I measured the
resistance of the meter, then used an Excel
spreadsheet to calculate a resistance to get the right
voltage split. Unfortunately, that didn't quite work
out either. Apparently the meter has enough inductance
to throw it off from my calcs. I'll probably just
throw my 25k pot in line and dial it until the high
end is close, then replace it with some resistors.
Hey, here's a thought. I believe the blown resistor
was a wire wound one, and the one I tried was a carbon
one. Is it possible the manufacturer picked a sligtly
inductive resistor? I'm having trouble wrapping my
head around this, but since the meter is (I assume) a
coil and a magnet, will its impedance change,
depending on the coils  position, relative to the
magnet?

Adam

http://mail.yahoo.com