RE: Pictures of my 2KW coil and the 8x32 concrete toroid

Original poster: "dest" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello Gerry.

> Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds" <<mailto:gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> The frequency of strike rail hits did go down, and I also lowered the
> strike rail 2 inches. By how much, maybe by a factor of 2-3.

 aha - so the reason was the toroid edge had been too close with the strike
 rail? then if i hide the primary inside the secondary, the distance
 to the strike rail is decreased still in several times, so the frequency of
 strike rail hits would probably go down even more - isn`t it?
 everybody i asked were rather sceptical about such plan, and what
 do _you_ think about it? ;-)

>  I'm
> about to simulate using the two toroids (6x24 on bottom and 8x32 on
> top), but havent tried it yet.  I want to see if I can still charge
> it with my power level.

 i think it`s no need to use 6Ñ?24 - it`s better to make a new one,
 a bit smaller - something like 4Ñ?20, or even 3Ñ?16.

> Btw, with the larger toroid, I also have a few (real) ground strikes
> that I didnt capture on film.

yeah? i thought that ground strikes is the usual event for sgtc :-D

> Go into the 15KV 120ma directory and enjoy.

 i`d like to enjoy the movie of your coil - WITHOUT the breakpoint.
 i`m fed up with the movies of different solid state coils with breakpoints -
 crappy, absolutely non random sparks appearance :-\

> If anyone wants a full sized picture, I'll be happy to
> send it privately.

 send your video privately to me :-)
 take the camera, record _at least_ 60 sec of video (it`s the
 absolutely minimum, the better 3-5 min of _continuous_ action!) and
 contact  me off-list - i`ll give you an ftp account on my server and as many
 disc size, as necessary for uploading this video - even 1GB :-D