RE: ...another newbie question

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@xxxxxxxxxx>

Gary

FYI the CL-60 is a GE part, Digi-Key# KC0241-ND, but the spec are only
Rcold=.5 Rhot=.02 , I like your numbers better. So where can I order
some of the parts like yours.

Rich , from the middle of Missouri

Subject: RE: ...another newbie question

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

I use a 120V/15A Variac that used to have breaker tripping problems
whenever I plugged it in, until I added an NTC thermistor.  I don't know
what a CL-60 is, but mine looks like a large black disc capacitor,
Rcold=1.0, Rhot=.015 Ohm.  Works great!  And with my 15/60 with 240uF of
PFC caps, I still pull in excess of 20A on the 140V side of the Variac.

Dennis - was your 20A fuse on the input or output side of the Variac?

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA