Re: Tesla Receiver Coil

Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ernst F.W. Alexanderson:
"In almost every step of progress in electrical power engineering, as well as in radio, we can trace the spark of thought back to Nikola Tesla. There are few indeed who in their lifetime see realization of such a far-flung imagination." "We think of his contribution much oftener than that of Ampere and Ohm . . . the induction motor and our power system are enduring monuments to Nikola Tesla."

Edwin H. Armstrong:
"During wartime there was much research under way toward reducing the Tesla concept of the guided weapon in various laboratories. . . . So far as I know, the credit for the concept rests entirely with him."

Bernard A. Behrend:
"Were we to seize and eliminate from our industrial world the results of Mr. Tesla's work, the wheels of industry would cease to turn, our electric cars and trains would stop, our towns would be dark, our mills would be dead and idle. . . . His name marks an epoch in the advance of electrical science. From that work has sprung a revolution."

Louis Cohen:
"In reading Tesla's work one is constantly struck by his many suggestions which have anticipated later developments in the radio art."

Gano Dunn:
"Prolific inventor, who solved the greatest problem in electrical engineering of his time, and gave to the world the polyphase motor and system of distribution, revolutionizing the power art and founding its phenomenal development. My contact as your assistant at the historic Columbia University high frequency lecture and afterward has left an indelible impression and inspiration which has influenced my life."

Lee de Forest:
"If I could be any other man I would be Nikola Tesla."

Thomas Commerford Martin:
"Tesla's influence may truly be said to have marked an epoch in the progress of electrical science."

John Stone Stone:
". . . the more we learn about high frequency phenomena, resonance and radiation today, the nearer we find ourselves approaching what we at one time were inclined, through a species of intellectual myopia, to regard as the fascinating but fantastical speculations of a man who we are now compelled . . . to admit was a prophet."

Lord Kelvin (William Thomson):
"Tesla has contributed more to electrical science than any man up to his time."

Jonathan Zenneck:
"[ Tesla's] lectures opened a new physical world to me. . . . one of the kindest men I've ever encountered. The hours which I was permitted to spend together with [him] will always be among the fondest memories of my life."