Re: fantc - off-line version 1.5 :-)

Dmitry,

It is one thing to ask for a pc version (which I have never had a problem providing anyone and have on many occasions), but quite another to just take and offer up a pc version without at least having the respect to ask. I guess trust and respect is no longer a valid assumption among list members.

When I took over the original JavaScript Tesla Coil Calculator written by Jerry Gore in 1997, I first "asked him". The only reason I hosted it was that Jerry was no longer working on it and the website went down. I later became interested in doing something similar but for a full TC design approach. I left Jerry's original calculator in tact and created a "new" program, Javatc. Fantc came after Javatc version 9.1 followed by Javatc version 10.

When there are updates required, there are usually 3 separate programs requiring the same update. This was often a lengthy process as they were all written at different times and for different purposes. Thus, it was difficult to offer a pc version without further complicating the update (frequent updates early on). I guess now that changes have settled down, it's not as difficult, and I could throw up pc versions for download.

Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

at last i found some time to do it :-D
http://storm.prohosting.com/desthv/temp/fantc.zip

it`s fully functional (with help sections) version with NO dumb inet
connection requirement - you need download it just once. "please
report any bugs" to me :-)))

p.s.
http://www.classictesla.com/java/javatc.html

"Copyright © 2006 by Barton B. Anderson
Last Update Wednesday, November 2, 2005, at 10:05 pm"

he-he - one jump ahead? :-)))

-----
Happy coiling, unlimited electricity, basic food and requisite sleep.
21-06-1996 (c) Robert W. Stephens