Is NST warmth normal?

Original poster: "Robert Hanford" <pomnept@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi All, I recently whipped up a small (3.5) coil and ran it for a little while today. My 15kv 60ma transformer and its 2ndaries were quite warm after running a few minutes. The caps were a -little- warm and the resistors in my Terry filter quite warm, but the MOVs were quite cool. Now when I say warm, I don't mean burning hot, but I want my equipment to last a long time! The spark length and all seemed quite normal. Any ideas much appreciated. Robert Hanford in Chicago