Re: Newbie Question

It's not dumb at all --- it's a very real scenario.

Put it on a cart on wheels so you can haul it outside in the evening.

Burning down your home is a definite possibility. You get an arc to a wall, start some slow smoldering inside the wall, go to bed, and wake up to a fire. It can happen.

Dr. Resonance

I just build my 1st coil powered by a 15/60 franceformer. First, I'm amazed that it actually works. I gotta say I had my doubts during the long research & construction construction phase. I appreciate the great info from pupman & from several of you via some of your the great websites.

I've been running it with just a safety gap and a conversvative (0.12) primary gap setting until I can build an NST protection filter. This has produced 26" arcs to ground so far...and that's about as much as I can go in my basement space before streamers would start hitting walls & ceilings.

My question is this, as I tinker with the coil & hopefully start getting longer streamers, could strikes to the walls & ceiling cause any problems with equipment connected to the house AC wiring? My concern is the possibility of a streamer finding it's way through the drywall into the wiring, or maybe more likely, striking an AC outlet or light fixture & putting a lot of HV & RF directly into the wiring.

My wife's not real big on this whole Tesla thing & frying the house wiring or our electronic stuff wouldn't help things.

Like I said, this may be a dumb quesion.  I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Dennis, Hopkinton MA