From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 12:09 AM
Subject: Tesla's 150th birthday in 2006

Original poster: Bert Hickman <bert.hickman@xxxxxxxxxx>

The 150th anniversary of Tesla's birth will be next July 10th.

"ZAGREB, Croatia - Croatia in 2006 will celebrate
the 150th  anniversary of the birth of Nikola
Tesla, an ethnic Serb who did  pioneering work in
electricity in the United States in late 19th
and  early 20th century, the country's parliament decided Thursday.

The government will finance the finishing of
restoration of Tesla's home in a village in
central Croatia and turn it into a museum.
Conferences and lectures on Tesla's work are also planned.
.
Damir Kajin, a deputy from the Istrian Party,
said Tesla's assertion that he was "equally proud
of my Serbian parents and my Croatian homeland"
should be a model for future relations between Serbs and Croats in
Croatia."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1501AP_Croatia_Tesla.html

Bert
--
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge magnetic fields,
Lichtenberg Figures ("Captured Lightning" in acrylic), & Out-of-Print