Beginner Q's

Original poster: Michael Brooks <screaminfleadesigns@xxxxxxxxx>

I am working on the cap for my coil and have some probably rudamentary questions.

The dialectric I have chosen is high density polyethylene and the plates are to be roof flashing.
I used the Teslac program by Mark Graalman for the perameters and found that using 40mil poly and 60" X 14" flashing would give me .019uf @ 8kV. The transformer is an Allanson NST 15kV @ 30ma. The trans/cap matching program stated the trans could handle .0038uf and would need to be rated at least 37500v for stability.

I figure I will need to build 5 caps and put them in series, this will give me the .0038uf I need and a 40Kv rating.

Q1: Where can I find 40mil poly? The closest I have found is a 6 mil at a hardware
store and I assumme I cannot just use multiple layers to get the 40 mils.

Q2: How tightly does this cap ne ed to be rolled as far as the ID of the completed cap coil?

Q3: I have 6 gallons of transformer oil for the caps but am looking for ideas about the container for them - would setting the rolls inside PVC pipe and capping the ends be feasible?

Q4: What are some ways to band the completed cap coil so it does not fly apart?

Q5: What are some methods and materials for attaching leads to the cap plates?

Thank you all for your input,

'Flea

_____