SIZE of RF chokes?

Original poster: "JT Bowles" <jasotb@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have read .1 to .3 millihenries.
On one of your threads, I just read .03 millihenries (30 micro)

PLEASE tell me- are my choke the right size.

-I have a 12,000 30ma neon, 60Hz
-Close to resonant capacitor (supposed to be 6.66nF, but its 7.8nF)

* My chokes currently are set up on BOTH sides of my HV circuit (both outputs of xformer)
* Each choke measures 7.4uH
* Both chokes are 80 turns of 19gauge wire, on an aircore form, .25 X 1.5" long

USING THIS...RANDOM..INFORMATION, CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT SIZE OF CHOKES I NEED, AND ARE MINE THE RIGHT SIZE ALREADY.
Plus: my safety gap fires frequently, but not too much. When it fires it becomes the sparkgap.
*So, should i make a SECOND safety gap after the first?
*Or, is it ok to fire as the sparkgap. In otherwords, when it acts as sparkgap, will overvoltage occur in my neon?

my safety sircuit is set up as:

transformer - connects to safety gap - connects to 7.4uH air chokes on both sides - rest of circuit

I KNOW I TYPED A LOT, BUT I NEED PEOPLE TO ANSWER ALL, OR MOST OF MY QUESTIONS. PLEASE ANSWER MY WHOLE EMAIL.

Thanks.

_