From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: brass fasteners
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:41:14 -0700

Original poster: Just Justin <rocketfuel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is it safe to use brass bolts and nuts to secure the primary coil's wooden frame
to a wooden base?

My understanding is that the magnetic field won't affect the brass the way
ferrous metals would, but is there still concern regarding the electric field and
jumping sparks?

Thanks for any comments,

Justin