Re: Tesla Receiver Coil ..........success?

Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Is the 135.7-137.8 kHz sliver band available to hams in the UK?

Original poster: Steve Conner <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Yes, subject to a limit of 1W ERP. They don't mention any limit to the RF output power, just the ERP.

Does this mean there is no limit to the size of the transmitter that a Ham in the U.K. can use, as long as the effective radiated power does not exceed 1 watt?

Has the 71.6 kHz - 74.4 kHz band been phased out in the UK? Does this band exist anywhere in the world to your knowledge? "

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx> I once saw a mention in an early 1920's issue of QST that hams in Britain had a "1000 meter" band available. I've never been able to find the reference again and wonder if anyone has any knowledge of it?

Any Ham with access to the 4100-meter band would be in a great position to collect some truly meaningful data about Tesla coil RF transmitters and Tesla receiving transformers. Even the 2200-meter band would be useful, especially if radiated power is the only limitation on the size of the transmitter.

Gary