PFC for 12kV 60mA NST ATTN: Terry

Original poster: Timjroche@xxxxxxx

terry et. al.,
i saw on your webpage
<http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/BigCoil.htm>http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyCoils/BigCoil/BigCoil.htm
that you used 200uF 180 VAC Power Factor Correction caps on a 15kV 60mA NST, is this a calculated value?

PFC CAP VALUE= (%PC)(E output)( I output)
                                                    2*pi*freq.*sq(E input)

I've read that 100% PFC is not always best for TC's, some say 65%, 80% , etc....
where does the actual values fall?
If you hear humming from variac, saturation I assume, should you up the PFC value? Does this even have anything to do with it?
Or is it like DC smoothing, just dump a 'bunch' of uF in the circuit? i.e. you had 'x' amount of caps laying around, and hooked them up, with the value turning out to be 'blah' (or in this case 200uF)
I tried to follow the latest string on this, however, it was pole pig specific, and obviously that is a whole different story.

thanx Tim