Re: PFC Question

I sell them --- contact me off list.

Dr. Resonance

How would one make themselves the slug tuned core inductor that you are
talking about to completely control a 15kva pig? I am looking for form size,
number of turns, AWG, and core details.

Thanks

Victor

-----Original Message----- From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:04 PM To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: PFC Question

They will saturate.  That's why when we used to use old variac cores
we always gapped then at .080 inch.  A fabricated steel clamp held
the variac from spring apart and a bandsaw did the work.  An 80 mil
piece of plastic was epoxied in place to form the gap.  They didn't
saturate.

Now we use our own slug tuned cores with a small DC gearmotor to
accomplish the same control and makes it a completely variable
process.  Current is adjusted completely independent of voltage.

Dr. Resonance