Re: Stuborn Little Coil!

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: tesla popp <teslas_lab@xxxxxxxxx>
CRAP. I TYPED ALL OF THAT AND I LOST IT!  anyways...
I didn't give specs on the gap, because I DONT need
pointers in that area.  I haven't yet found a motor
small enough to fit inside the base.  I need a micro
sized alum/iron core motor so I can make it ASYNC.
I NEED TO GET ALL THE OTHER BUGS OUT FIRST....  Im
shooting for a rediculas 32" at 560 watts.  YES, I DO
BELIVE I CAN GET THAT OUT OF IT.

Are you sure that you are using the 560 W? What is the size of the primary capacitor? Maybe it is too small. Is the system tuned? It's normal to get sparks a bit longer than the secondary coil length, but not much longer, depending on what is around the coil, the shape of the terminal, where the primary is, etc. A picture may help.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz