Re: PFC Question

Original poster: "Dmitry (father dest)" <dest@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi Dmitry,

> Thankyou for your explaination,  I understand where you are coming
> from, no inductance if the coupling k=1.

yes, coz i live in the ideal world, not real one, sorry :-)
but the leakage inductance is present anywhere - in any device, that`s
why i didn`t think you were  speaking just about it - sorry again.
however, for k=0.99 -jwL=0.00125L (WORST case), so like Mr Conner
said, in the real world leakage inductance may be about 1mH.

> This leakage inductance also explains why SRSG's need to be rephased
> as the variac output is brought  up.

let`s see - 1mH in the primary it`s 1.6H in the secondary of my mot stack,
it`s 4% of my charging inductance, so no - absolutely no any rephasing
needed (if only 200v difference (WORST case) bothers you at 20kv voltage).
and i`ll use variac exclusively for the slowly voltage increasing - coz
at 110v sparks are not so long as at 220v, aren`t they? :-)

-----
Neon transformers are doomed in Tesla service! I should know, I've
killed more of 'em than many pople have ever even seen in a life time.
25-03-96 (c) Richard Hull, TCBOR