Re: GFI-ed NSTs

Hi Dr. Bill,

I think using an NST for Tesla service, period, is going to
void the waranty anyway, isn't it? You are correct about
the non-use for neon signs issue for the non-GFI'd NST,
though. I have already heard of one supplier having you
sign a waiver stating that you will not use the non- GFI
protected transformer for commercial sign use.

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2005 10:54 PM Subject: Re: GFI-ed NSTs

Original poster: Drbillpmt@xxxxxxx
Non-GFI NST CAN be purchased from almost any supplier. All you have to do is call them and explain that you are not going to use them on a neon sign. Some supplier ask you to send them a letter to confirm this.

I use quite a number of NST Transformers and cannot use thos with GFI protection. So that is what I did.

You can re-wire them to disable the GFI if you so choose, but that voids the warranty. Better to go with a transformer that does not have GFI.

Dr. Bill