Geiger counter measurements are of ABSOLUTELY no value to a coiler, unless you live next to a Uranium mine.

Happy coiling.
Skip

At 01:55 PM 11/4/2005, you wrote:
Original poster: HomerLea@xxxxxxx
If you put any evacuated tubes near your running coil you can get xrays.
Jim

Subj: Re: Thinking About A Geiger Counter
Date: 11/3/2005 8:11:43 PM Pacific Standard Time
From: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
To: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet

Original poster: Skip Malley <skip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

A Geiger counter measures particles released from Uranium and has
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the relatively low frequency energy of
a Tesla coil which is in the frequency range of an AM radio
transmitter.  It is like using an ultrasonic microphone listening for
earthquakes.  Tesla coils emit low frequency radio waves, not gamma rays.