Re: PFC Question

Hi David,

Where is your ballast if the output of the variac is connected directly to the input of your PIG.

Gerry R.

Hi Ed,

I must not have explained myself properly.
My PFC caps were directly across the out-
put terminals of the variac and consequently
across the input terminals to the transformer.
That's in parallel with the input terminnals of
the transformer, isn't it? And the variac would
start the resonant saturation hum even with the trans-
former disconnected from it, or with no load.
I even tried removing one of the 100 uFd
caps to make it 600 uFd PFC but that didn't
really seem to help so at that point, I just decided
remove them altogether.

David Rieben