Re: Bombarder Transformer

The bombarder, like a PT, runs more power so you need to size the resistors much larger. We use three -- 200 Ohm, 200 watt resistors in parallel for each side. This is reduced to one side if one bushing is grounded. And, yes, use a filter.

We even use them with pole xmfr but increase resistors to eight --- 200 watt 600 Ohm resistors in parallel off a bushing.

Many experimenters don't but why abuse your equipment to save a few dollars when you don't have to?

Dr. Resonance

Ive got one. 30kv 1a. Would I need to protect it with a terry cicuit, or are they built strong enough to handle the kick backs and frequency changes from the tank curcuit of a TC ?
Are they as strong as pole pigs ? It is a dry type. Ive got to put it in oil to protect it better. I dont know much about bombarders.
Also has anyone got a 60kv pulse cap ? .06 or higher to .2uf ? I will size the coil accordingly.

 Any advise would be very appreciated. Thanks !