Re: cap/mmc inquirery

Hi Daniel,

For that power supply and assuming a static gap, you will need a total of 10nf with a minimum of 14 1000V caps in a string. Three strings will give you 10nf. Figure on 42 caps. I have some slightly used CDE 942C20S68K caps that are .068uf 2000V that I can give you, if you send me your address. With these, I would put 7 in a single string that would give you 9.7nf at 14000V. If you want to spend your money, I would recommend a string of 10 0.1uf caps (CDE 942C20P1K). This would also give you 10nf at 20000V. They would probably cost $1.80 US each (see mpaqelectronics.com for a quote). Also, put a 10Mohm 1/2 watt resister across each cap.

Gerry R

Original poster: "Langer Giv'r" <transworldsnowboarding19@xxxxxxxxxxx>

hellow everyone, i am oredering some 0.047 1000V polypropelyne film caps for my MMC. i dont know how many i should buy tho... i have about 30$ and the caps cost $1.19 each. I am most likely using a 10KV OBIT as power source running at 23mA. Help would be very good, thanks

Daniel from Canada