Re: Tesla Receiver Coil ..........success?

Original poster: "Gary Peterson" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

. . . When it's On IZJ is the sign of my 181.167 kHz beacon. . . . . . . I have no plans to do anything under Part 5 as I have a lousy location here. . . .

Thanks for the detailed description of your beacon, that's exactly what I was looking for. I'm planning to build a Part 15 compliant beacon myself and am wondering if you could share the circuit diagram and parts layout. In addition to a Part 15 radio beacon I also plan to build a Part 15 compliant Tesla coil transmitter that uses a nearly identical driver circuit. Both transmitters will be designed to operate on the precisely the same frequency, around 165 kHz. The radio antenna is to be a 49-foot tall vertical (including tophat radius) with an 8-foot high counterpoise, as large in diameter as possible (on the order of 150 feet). The loading coil is to have an aspect ratio of about 1:1 and be wound with AWG 22. A variometer will be used for tuning. AWG 22 will also be used for the TC transmitter secondary.

The transmitter is solid state . . . Uses a crystal oscillator at 32 x the output frequency, a CD4024 divide by 32 circuit, a CD4007 buffer amplifier driving four Siliconix VN66AF "power" fets.

Am I correct in understanding that the four VN66AFs are connected in parallel?

That article was written long, long ago . . . There is probably a paper copy around somewhere . . . if I can find a copy I'll . . . mail it to you.

That would be great, but don't go to too much trouble. Your recommendations have fit the bill precisely.

Not sure if I answered all of your questions, and probably none to your satisfaction. . . .

On the contrary, your insights are tremendous.

Gary

Ed