Xray secondary, Air core (oil) charge inductor?

Hi All,

I have come by a x-Ray secondary coil off eBay in excellent condition. As
some of you know I am building a 5-8KVA 15kv DC coil, 500 BPS max and a
resonate charge inductor that will need to take 30KV. I have CC: HV list as
the threads have been related to X-Ray equip of late.

The coil calculates to 50 Henrys with no Iron core (paralleled with a known
11 Henry inductor, total 13H measured (I couldn't read it on my 20H meter)!
Can this be so?
Specs:
Wire gauge appears to be 28awg double spaced which conforms to the
following:
2.8Kohms measured
Calculated length 36,649 ft.
Weight ~20Lbs
Core 5.5"x5.5"
1/8' inch phenolic like center flush bobbin
Coil thickness 1.25"
Coil width 5", 1/2" paper over hang per side.

I plan to submerge this in 2 gals mineral oil and float the core
(electrically). No telling what it was in before...

Questions:

(1) any glaring errors or misconceptions?
(2) what are the changes of taping this half way to an outer winding and
what sort of wire would be used if I can do this with surgical care (maybe
the paper should be oiled?) I can run the wire perpendicular to the coil for
an inch or two.
(3) will such a coil be subject to saturation, not so in crossovers:-^)

Many Thanks,
Jim Mora
Ojai,Ca