Re: First light great.

Original poster: "Daniel Koll" <dk_spl_audio@xxxxxxxxxxx>

No I was not using a break out, I just attached my secondary magnet wire to the bottom of the sphere using aluminum tape. Should I change something? I cannot change the height of my primary or secondary without massive reconstruction. It would take hours and hours to change now. I was told that the bottom of the secondary and primary should be on the same plane so that is what I did. Thanks

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: First light great.
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 20:47:13 -0600

Original poster: jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx

Hi Daniel

I would agree with Gary about being overcoupled but it is also likely
that you need to re tap your primary. We usually place our spherical
capacitors directly on the end of the secondary. Many coilers believe
that spheres are inferior to toroids but I am not convinced that this
is true and have never seen any evidence to support this assertion.

Are you using a breakout on your sphere?

Jared Dwarshuis