Re: tiger strip hv resisters

"Original poster: "Jim Mora" <jmora@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi, Does anyone know the wattage rating for a group tiger strip
resistors. I
acquired. They are:
                                15VK
                                20meg ohm
                        #       B-453288-1
                        Also  310x

They are glass cased 4" long (101.6) mm x 1/2 " (12.7 mm).

This network will become the critical bleeder of a lethal 4uf@30K DC
Smoothing cap.

Thanks,

Jim Mora
Oaji, Ca"

	Sounds like a resistor made by RPC (Resistor Products Corp.) of
Harrisburg, PA.  Don't know if they're still around or not (don't have
their catalog any more).  From the length I'd assume it was good for 15
KV (15VK?) or more.  Back around 1952 I used 100 meg RPC resistors about
1-3/4" long in the voltage dividers in 30 KV regulated HV supplies.
Later the design was changed to use much longer resistors but I can't
remember why - the short ones seemed stable at that voltage.  Still have
some of the latter which appear to be good after all these years.

	With an 80 second time constant 20 meg resistors will give you a mighty
long discharge time for that capacitor.

Ed