RE: More DRSSTC fun!

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>

Nice photo. Reminds me of my early DRSSTC work with those primary / secondary flashovers.

Dan

Hi all,

I fired up the DRSSTC again today for some more fun!

http://www.scopeboy.com/tesla/drsstc/firstlight/yeha-ouch.jpg
(warning it's a big file 110kb)

I was trying to provoke it into flashing over and latching up the driver
as
it did before. This was running on the upper pole at almost 240v input,
quite a long burst length, and single shots. I just opened the camera
shutter and pushed the fire button several times until it flashed over
and
latched. These are pretty good sparks for what is around 1.5 bps so it
should be great at 150-200bps!