RE: Physics

Original poster: "Godfrey Loudner" <ggreen@xxxxxxxx>

Hello Chris

I've encountered quaternions in the abstract algebra setting, but I'm
really not motivated enough to read through the paper you posted. Its
been my long time understanding that the approach through quaternions is
mathematically equivalent to the one using vector calculus. What's in
one theory can be found in the other. The quaternonic version of
potential is still  there as a transfiguration. The quaternonic version
of Maxwell theory cannot say anything new, nor is anything lost. The
various versions of Maxwell theory are pretty as far as the mathematics
goes, but I personally find it difficult to apply them to concrete
physical situations. Do I have the right equation is my major question;
if so, maybe I can commit an assault and battery with a Green's function
and finish off the problem. Anyway, I did a search on Andre Waser and
found two tesla papers that may be of interest.

Here's an example that may help. Let x = credit and y = debit. Form the
complex number x+yI. You can think of y as imaginary money. One can
actually build a cute little algebra of credit and debit using the
algebra of complex numbers. So credit and debit seemed to have
disappeared.  Credit is still there as x+0I and debit as 0+yI.

http://www.cheniere.org/correspondence/121901a.htm referring to a paper
by T. Barrett. Tom Bearden  comment about the paper is certainly
incorrect.

http://www.rafoeg.de/index.php/seite/20,Dokumentenarchiv/10,Personenbezo
genes_Archiv/,Waser_Andre/Waser_Andre.html by Andre Waser himself. Go
down the list there.

Godfrey Loudner