Re: Very Confused On Grounding

Original poster: "Daniel Koll" <dk_spl_audio@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hmm, great idea. I have a 1500W continous 3000W peak inverter. I also have a Diehard car battery. I could just use those then and everything should be safe, right? Is there any risk of ruining the inverter/battery or worse yet having the battery explode? Thanks

From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Very Confused On Grounding
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 15:06:58 -0600

Hi,

I don't think anyone has done it yet??? But maybe try running off a computer UPS backup power supply. They go real cheap when the battery is old and dead. You can hook a car battery to them, but be very careful since the battery may "go live" to 120VAC potentials... This would also make a coil portable... No worries about blowing AC line stuff then ;-))
They also make 12VDC to 120VDC inverters for RVs and campers...

Cheers,

        Terry