DC Tesla Coil FW Bridge and DQ diode string RFC

Hello All,

Spec 15KV, 8-10KVA DC, Filtered, 500 BPSmax

I am beginning construction of my rectification (FW bridge) and DQ string.
The aforementioned charging inductor is going the experimentation route. The
bridge will be made of (4) strings of (6) studded 7500 volt 4amp diodes
(HVCA HDB7.5) (looks like a HV insulator string:-)). For the DQ string I
have (100) 1N5408 (1000v,1 amp) of which I was planning 40 - 50 paired or
would separate strings be more advantageous?. Clearly this would double the
forward current rating but what other ramifications would you expect in
either configuration?

Clearly given that I am NOT a design engineer; but, I can make stuff:

1. I seem to remember snubbers and bleeders enter the picture in previous
threads but I couldn't find reference to the DQ successful setup. I was
thinking 1nF and 1Mohm 1/2w across each pair or signal diode given 2
strings. Does that seem reasonable or needed?

2. I don't have a clue what do with the largish bridge diodes or if they
need protection at all?

Thanks Much for you input,
Jim Mora