Re: Current Limiting and Impedence

" > Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 > Gerry,
 > When I was in Home Depot the other day looking for polyurethane, I
noticed
 > a bin full of all thread that also had many sizes of unthreaded steel
rod
 > as well. While going through some of the rods it came to me that I
could
 > fill a piece of PVC with a bunch of these rods to use as a core for
an
 > inductor, similar to a laminated core. I think I would probably need
 > insulate the rods from each other with varnish or polyurethane,
right?

Or plastic wrap.  Painting a bunch of rods is tough to do without
leaving at
least one spot that is bare."

	If the rods are of any size at all it probably won't due much good to
insulate them from each other since most of the eddy current losses will
be internal to the rods and not at their junctions.

Ed