Re: Current Limiting and Impedence

Original poster: "Gerald  Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Paul,

It seems you can always turn a gapless toroid into a gapped toroid with a hacksaw. I use a toroid as an example only because the math is simplier and it is easier to talk about concepts. The ballast I'm planning on will use cyclindrical geometry and welding rods as a core so it will be "gapped". I'll probably strip off the flux and varnish the rods (or I'll just get steel rod, which ever is cheaper)

Gerry R

Original poster: "Paul B. Brodie" <pbbrodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Gerry,
I'm really interested in what you guys have had to say on this thread. Please let us know the results of your investigations into gapless toroids. I do have one little question: are there gapped toroids? I've never seen one and it seems that would defeat the purpose of using the toroid shape in the first place. Regards.
Paul
Think Positive