Re: Tesla Coil Information and copyrights

Original poster: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2005 1:57 PM Subject: Re: Tesla Coil Information and copyrights

> Original poster: "Mercurus2000" <mercurus2000@xxxxxxx> > > I just checked my "Strange Stories from Electrical Experimenter Magazine > 1917-1919 by Lindsay books there is no "Used with permission" with the > reprint articles, it just gives the date for the original copyright and > dates of the Magazine articles and a "Reprinted by Lindsay Publications Inc" > so there isn't gonna be a problem. Their book doesn't even have a copyright > on it, but scanning that would be unethical, since you can still purchase > this book from them.

You might give Lindsay a call.  They might already have scanned images that
you could post.  You never know.

With scanning these, like I said, there are many Tesla
> books I have with small articles from Electrical Experimenter with no
"Used
> with permission" labels on any of them.

Just because someone prints something without attribution doesn't mean that
they haven't secured appropriate permissions.    There's also a fair amount
of "interpretation" when it comes to small excerpts (as in "fair use").