Re: spray enamel vs shellack

Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

Unless you know the dielectric and electrical properties of clear enamel you should avoid it.

Dolph's AC-43C (check their website) is a great finish for magnet wire
coils.  Excellent dielectric properties as it's specially manufactured for
the industrial xmfr winders.  It's available as a brush on or spray.  We use
4-5 coats of the brush on type in very thin coats on magnet wire coils.

It cements the windings together and prevents dings to the magnet wire
finish.  It is also very shiny in appearance and the coils look great after
application.  Allow each coat to dry 24 hrs.  Usually, turning for only 30
min. is required on each coat.

Dr. Resonance